As all of you are aware, the Maha Prathishta is scheduled on Monday, July 8, 2019. The rituals and special poojas will commence on Thursday, July 3, 2019, followed by Maha Prathistha on July 8th, and Utsavam from 11th to 16th. Festivities will end on Tuesday, July 16, 2019.
Attending and participating in this once in a life time divine rituals and festivities will be unforgettable for you and your family. We encourage you to book time off from work and participate in the activities. Also it will be a good opportunity to invite your relatives and friends from other parts of the world to give them the opportunity to witness this divine event.
There are several opportunities for you to participate and help:-
- Book the Poojas in advance. A calendar listing all Poojas & Rituals and the rates during these 14 days is included below with appropriate links and is published on the temple website. The calendar and rates are available at the Temple as well. Please book and make payment in advance so that there won’t be any disappointment of missing out on the opportunity. It will help the Temple to make arrangements for Prasadams for poojas ahead of time
- Sponsor or co-sponsor several items (like the Kalasams; Ornaments of Deities; Part and particles of the Sreekovils; Pooja items etc.). A flyer with pictures of the items is uploaded on the GTB website. Also, check with the Temple for what is available.
- A unique Souvenir will be published during the Prathishta. This Souvenir will be a historic archive item regarding our Temple. You have an opportunity to have a family photo published in the souvenir as “well-wishers” for just $500 (full page colour photo); $250 (Half page colour). This opportunity is available for all the communities as we are all one (Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam– the world is one family).
- Also, we are looking for business sponsors to advertise in this Souvenir (the rates are published in the Souvenir). If you know of any business, please encourage them to participate in these advertisements.
- Volunteering for several activities during the Prathishta and Utsavam. There are several areas requiring support for this mass event. Committed volunteers are required to make this event a grand success.
- Help the Temple to raise funds (by donations, booking poojas, getting sponsors for the event, Udayasthamana Pooja, Medallion etc. etc.). As a condition of the mortgage for the building, we are prevented from raising any more loans. Therefore, we will need to cover all expenses for Prathistha from the sponsorship, souvenir and poojas and other activities of the event. Devotees like all of you are requested to participate in poojas and sponsorship generously to make this Prathishta and Utsavam event a grand and memorable one.
- Temple will be negotiating with Hotels for discounted rates for devotees coming from out of town. The information will be sent out as soon as confirmed; also it will be available on the website.
Once again, I urge you all to avail this great opportunity to be part of this once in a life time Event.
At your service,
For GURUVAYURAPPAN TEMPLE OF BRAMPTON,
Dr P K Kutty,
(Click the links to view/download)